mAirList for MusicMaster is special version of the mAirList Radio Automation, designed as a playout software for the MusicMaster music scheduling system. It uses the MusicMaster database as its scheduling and audio library backend. No need to sync libraries and exchange playlist files anymore – think playout attached directly to your MusicMaster database.
mAirList for MusicMaster supports audio output to any DirectSound, WASAPI or ASIO compatible sound card (including virtual soundcards from Axia, Dante, Wheatstone and others), and also has a built-in Shoutcast/Icecast compatible streaming encoder.
Due to its small CPU and memory footprint, you can run multiple playout instances on the same computer simultaneously. With our free Multi Instance Manager software, the setup and deployment of additional playout instances is just a matter of a couple of mouse clicks.
For pure 24/7 streaming solutions (no local audio output, only Shoutcast/Icecast streams), mAirList can even run on datacenter servers with no physical audio hardware present.
mAirList for MusicMaster utilizes the MusicMaster Nexus API to access the MusicMaster library directly from the playout. Functions include:
- Load the current MusicMaster schedule into playout at the top of the hour.
- Continuously check for changes made to the MusicMaster schedule, and synchronize them into the playout.
- Report started/stopped items to MusicMaster for reconciliation.
- Map any MusicMaster library field to any mAirList field/attribute.
- Store additional mAirList-specific metadata (cue markers, …) into custom XML fields inside the MusicMaster library.
- Support for MusicMaster Enterprise and parent/child databases (schedules are fetched from the child database, metadata updates go into the parent database).
Basic features of mAirList for MusicMaster include:
- Fully automated or live-assist playout
- Built-in Shoutcast/Icecast compatible streaming encoder with DSP plugin support (e.g. Stereo Tool).
- Logging and reporting facilities (via log files, HTTP, e-mail)
Additional features can be added to your license for more sophisticated automation solutions:
- Mixer/network remote control interfaces (DHD, Lawo, Axia, Wheatstone, REST, …)
- Stream Monitor (pick up and rebroadcast Shoutcast/Icecast/WMA streams as they become available)
mAirList for MusicMaster accesses the MusicMaster database through the Nexus API, so it requires a MusicMaster Nexus server to work. The Nexus HTTP port must be accessible from the playout computer; reverse proxy configurations, possibly over HTTPS and with username/password authentication, are supported.
All audio files must be accessible from the playout machine through a Windows path (local disk or network share), or an HTTP/HTTPS server.
See the mAirList Radio Automation product page for general system requirements for mAirList.
mAirList for MusicMaster is available for lease only. The software is licensed per playout instance, with different volume license packages available.